Sunday, July 21, 2013

Curtains Complete and T-shirt Quandries


I finished bf's curtains the following afternoon, having been further inspired by his politely asking if they were ready :)





I ran out of thread, then ran to Joanne's.





Hoping they fit!







While at Joanne's I saw some red fabric. Suddenly a T-shirt flashed inside my head, so I bought enough to make one. 
I've never made a T-shirt before. Knowing I learn better through visual and tangible examples, I went to the thrift store yesterday and bought a T-shirt with the fit I wanted (granted, I found a few other things as well). 

This long-sleeved had the best fit and intended neckline.
I woke up at 5a.m. the next morning for no apparent reason, but with a pull to sew.
So I practiced making short sleeves first.





 

The first thing I did was check YouTube, but there were no useful videos for this kind of project. I did pick up a Crayon alternative to chalk, though.
My machine doesn't make the appropriate stitch, which I learned through experimentation.

…but my mom's machine does.






No comments:

Post a Comment